Happy holidays from all of us at Bruceb Consulting! All my best wishes for an abundance of happiness and good cheer!
I’m looking forward to working with you in 2010 in a rapidly changing world of technology. These are the trends that will shape next year for small businesses:
- WINDOWS 7 Many of you will be getting new computers to replace the aging, slow Windows XP systems under your desk, and finding that Windows 7 is quite delightful for work and play.
- MULTIPLE COMPUTERS You’ll be more likely to have several computers as prices drop on notebooks and netbooks.
- REMOTE ACCESS AND FILES IN THE CLOUD Fortunately, there are a multitude of ways to connect you to your mail and your files from any computer – and many of you will begin to store things in the cloud, whether you realize it or not.
- MULTIPLE SERVERS Windows Foundation Server 2008 makes it far more affordable to get an extra server for a dedicated line-of-business program, instead of loading it onto the aging Small Business Server struggling to keep up with your overflowing mailboxes.
- FEWER SERVERS Meanwhile, other small businesses will move their mail online with Microsoft Online Services and get a little HP Data Vault to hold the company files – far cheaper, safer, and easier to maintain than Small Business Server for businesses with 5-10 employees.
I’m more optimistic and excited about technology than I have been in years. Since my clients are also all smart, good looking, and poised to be wildly profitable, this promises to be a fabulous year for us all. Happy holidays!